The Choice is Yours

06:56



Personally I don’t believe in saying it’s too late. Why? Because there’s nothing like that. As the year draws to a close, I am sure there are some people thinking “the year is gone, what more can I achieve?”

Last night I got home really late from work and I had to sleep past midnight. The story here is before going to bed I knew fully well that I had to be somewhere at 6am. We all have that one neighbor who leaves home really early, so I called mine that I would like to go with him. Unfortunately, he said he had 4 people who already go in his car. I felt deflated yet I still knew I shouldn’t procrastinate the meeting I had that morning. Waking up at 5am was hard, considering I had a long and stressful day. I struggled but long and short, even if I did not make it for 6am, I got there at 6:30am due to the distance.

Moral of this story is, at the end of the day every accomplishment, every move, every positive decision is based on that desire and determination to WANT. If you do not want something enough to fight for it or aim for it, then it might be hard to even get it in the first place.

I want this post to serve as a reflection, a wake up call for everyone who feels there’s just a few weeks left in the year. What can I achieve? You don’t have to wait till December 31st to start writing 7 prayer points for the year or 10 New Year Resolutions that you know won’t come to fruition. 

I have realized that Nigeria probably has the most spiritual people in the world. That’s great! Trust me, with God nothing is impossible. But don’t forget that even the bible says, Prayer without works is nothing. It is necessary to pray, but the prayer won’t work if you don’t act or make a move. Before this turns into a sermon, kindly take two minutes to think about that one thing you can still do before the New Year rolls in.

You can choose to wait or move. At the end the Choice is Yours!!

Your New Year can start NOW! The ball is always in your court…

Peace… 

Image from pexels.com

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Lovely write up Rere! I couldn't agree more. There's always a price to pay to move forward & sometimes making those tough choices when you want something badly is the hardest. I often believe that any choice you make within your comfort zone is hardly a tough one. Tough choices always usually have to take you out of your comfort zone and you know what? In most cases the hardest bit is in making the choice & not usually the actual work to be done. Happy birthday Rere!and I hope you have loads of fun today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww!! Thank you so much for your apt words!1 you couldn't be more correct. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. Love you!

      Delete

Instagram

@iamtherere

Subscribe