Who Am I?

08:44



Hey, 

How are you doing? How is life treating you? As for me I really enjoyed this Eid-el-fitr holiday because it helped me regroup and refresh, and now I feel as good as new. Well, some days before the holiday my sister called me to tell me how one of her friends died in a ghastly car accident just that afternoon. I was shocked, that a 21 year old final year student who had not truly started living his life was so suddenly gone. Someone who left home thinking he will be back to probably play video games or catch up with friends. I was sad, mostly because it kept hammering in my head that this guy had just missed the chance of living a full life. I kept asking, is this how people die?

Please bear in mind that I am not here to judge him nor dissect how he lived his life. It is not my place to imagine what if he lived his life some type of way or criticize what he could have done better. The good part is that this guy’s death led me to something. I am going to call it the MYSELF SERIES. The more I look, the more I realize most people are just existing and not living. Many of us cannot say, this is who I am, this is why I am here. Personally I am still on the road to discovering myself and truly understanding why I am here, so that it does not become a case of Rere just occupied space on earth. Finding and understanding one’s self is something every individual should do regardless of your age.

Let me just drop it here now that age is truly just a number. Your age does not necessarily mean you are well grounded or mature enough to handle every situation. I understand the place of respect in our society but I think it is time we realize that we should be respected for what we bring to the table and not just how old we are.

The greatest and most important adventure of our lives is discovering who we really are. Yet, so many of us walk around either not really knowing or listening to an awful inner critic that gives us all the wrong ideas about ourselves. We mistakenly think of self-understanding as self-indulgence, and we carry on without asking the most important question we’ll ever ask: Who am I really?

When many people hear “finding yourself” the first thing that crosses their mind is what do I like? what are my hobbies? But honestly it dives deeper than that, it is a process that we all need to go through because it affects every single area of our lives. In order to be the most valuable person to the world around us, the best partner, parent, friend etc., we have to first know who we are, what we value and, in effect, what we have to offer.

The Myself Series is going to be as follows:
-       Discovering yourself
-       Embracing yourself
-       Living the Dream

It is time to understand that maybe it is okay to be selfish about some aspects of your life. When you understand who you are and what you stand for, then it becomes easy for you to offer spice and sauce to the people around you. Then you will become that person everyone respects and holds in high esteem.

What my mum told me as a child is true; the way you carry yourself is the way people will address you. But if you don’t know yourself, how can you carry yourself?

Don’t be an empty vessel.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

@iamtherere

Subscribe