DON’T GIVE UP!

12:35

When this occurred to me as the topic for today’s post, I knew it was meant for someone.

So many people have persisted and tried so hard for so long to get something, without eventually getting that thing. I have discovered that for many of us, giving up is always the escape route that we like to take. Have you ever stopped to ask yourself why it’s like that? Well, for one it is a simple decision to make. When you give up, for a minute it feels like you’ve unburdened yourself of that thing. In the past, when I tried my hands on something and it did not work out like I thought it would, I’ll now say “Maybe it’s not meant to be.” That’s the first sign that yeah, you’ve given up on this.

Meanwhile what I should have said is “What are you doing wrong? Or What are you missing out?” Sometimes I wish there was someone to tell me beforehand that there is a right way to go. Instead of me making all the mistakes and feeling dejected and sad afterwards. But then if we are all perfect or great at what we do, won’t it be boring?

As humans, we are born with the instinct not to give up. As babies, we cry and scream until we get what we want. But somewhere along the line we lose that ability. People talk us out of our crazy ideas—people who live in the so-called real world, where things “make sense.” They’ve never attempted the impossible. But you have, many, many times. And it has not worked out….. yet.

The moment you decide that you will not give up a lot of things will change for you. One of my motivations in life is the kind of legacy I want to leave behind. I definitely don’t want to be known as a quitter. As you march down the street not giving up, hold your head high and put on a brave smile. People will recognize you as someone who won’t give up, and they will get out of your way. Some of them will even hide. Others will praise you. 

Certainly, fears will come and obstacles will arise but you’ll never know how close you are to succeeding if you quit now.
“Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.”
When things start to get a little challenging, and on the outside it looks like you are fighting a lost battle. That’s the exact moment the numerous ‘why’ questions will put the finishing touches on a journey filled with regret and unfulfilled objectives. Then you’ll start asking yourself…
Why does this always happen to me…?
Why do I always fail…?
Why is this always so difficult…?
Why is life always against me…?

Before you ever decide to give up and quit, there is a Yoruba adage I have taken the pain of translating. The person that is watching/monitoring you knows you more than you know yourself. So before you quit, think about the people you’ll be letting down. Think about your family and friends that are telling others how amazing you are. And think about how cool it will be when that dream of yours becomes a mega-reality.

Don’t stop applying, Don’t stop planning, Don’t stop believing and Don’t stop praying.

Just a little more time, the beauty beneath the ashes always comes forth.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

@iamtherere

Subscribe