The Real Shit...

11:42


I waited this long to post something cause of the examinations I started the year with plus there was the writers bloc to deal with. I missed you, I missed writing and i hope its not too late to wish you a prosperous New Year! Its been a tremendous year for me and I hope it has been great for you too, I hope its not just me that thinks its going too fast.

Close your eyes and take a few minutes to reflect on the past few days... What have you really achieved? What improvements have you made? What steps have you taken? How many plans have you drawn? Which friends have you deleted, just added, blocked or re-added?

The past isn't really a determinant of the future or so Yvonne thought, after she had settled in her new life on a lonely island in Indonesia. What would drive a strong, young and beautiful African to the depths of Indonesia was the question everyone asked. But Yvonne just badly needed peace of mind. The whispers and hurtful words hurled at her along the streets were too much to bare for her, with a sluttymother who jumps in the bed of the closest rich man and yvonne being so beautiful and appealing to the eye, men came after her like bears after honey. 
No one had a right to judge really but who was going to be the accusing finger, they are not that clean either. It hurt too much, the simplest of things end up complicating issues. 

Originally I had started out with the story of a certain Yvonne , its a lie, my hurt and pain is starting to seep into my story. Yvonne doesn't exist, its my imagination at work. 

Something happened... My Friend Died....

Certain circumstances occur that alter the perfectly laid out plans we as humans have made. I won't be cliché and say we don't know who's gonna die next but life is truly short. God penned down how our destinies will be and we lay the foundation with our personal beliefs and principles. Its hard how we see someone today and poofff! They are gone, loved ones sleep and never wake up. This horrible and tragic situations are sadly what act as a wake up call for those of us who are here. 

The past is a deciding factor of our present and a surface view of the future, its hard but its real. This year make up your mind to try new things not forgetting that people will gossip, complain and criticise but do your shit exactly how you want to do it. Don't be someone's project, be the sensation the world is looking for. Never forget anything you involve yourself in is worth doing perfectly even to the tiniest things like tying a shoe lace.
Take great strides but be careful not to fall....

RIP Opeyemi Odunsanya

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram

@iamtherere

Subscribe