G.R.A.T.I.T.U.D.E

03:05




2018 was quite frankly the best year of my life till this year 2019, which will be even better. I started the year finding out I had a health condition. It scared the hell out of me, especially because the doctors said “Oh, there is no cure for this except you have surgery.” Strangely enough, the worry did not last, I felt peace knowing the ultimate Doctor was my father. I prayed just one prayer, “God if you love me as much as I know you do, don’t let them have to cut me.” And true to his word, like magic I was made whole and well. If only I knew the awesome plans waiting ahead for me.

Prior to that I had been hoping to get this particular job for the longest time, somehow someway when I was not expecting, this job came through. All of a sudden it looked like Rere was special, as if I knew more than my mates. During the course of the year, I kept super late nights because of work and despite Lagos not being the safest of places, I got home safe each night. At every turn, I had angels sent to help me out of every situation that seemed like a big deal. That definitely was not my doing, a superior power was watching over me.

In the same 2018, I started and completed a self-sponsored 6-months branding course, which when I started, it felt like I was wasting my time. Today I can proudly say that knowledge from that course which I applied in my business (@footwearbyrere) has yielded plenty fruits. One thing stood out, and that was the fact that I was a benefactor of God’s grace. I fell, I stood, I learnt and I grew. All I had to do was want something enough and tell him, he’ll hand it to his baby girl.

In everything I learnt to be grateful, to give thanks, no matter what. It was in the tiny things, I found my own testimony. There were some low points, times when I cried and just questioned everything in my life but the good definitely outweighed the bad. I learnt some valuable lessons in 2018, some of which include that in order to live the best out of life you need to be true to yourself. Be real to your heart, because the moment you start to lie to yourself then you deprive your soul of peace. The right people will stay, the right people will be attracted to you because you are proud of who you are. You’re not too weird, or too quiet, or too ambitious or too fiery, nobody should be allowed to make you feel like your dreams are too small. As long as you stay humble, you believe and you are not too scared to embrace your imperfections, things definitely will work for good.

My biggest lesson of the year was realizing that most of us live our lives for other people. Our state of mind and choices are based on the simple question “What Will People Say?” We make decisions as simple as the clothes we wear, the friendships we keep, and the food we eat, based on the fact that other people are watching and listening. You forget that your happiness should be the only thing that matters, your ability to make decisions and be proud of them. Choices you can stand by and defend because you know it is really what you want, not what someone else wants for you.

The goal for 2019 is to stay happy and spread happiness. Frustration, confusion, sadness, fear, all those things come into play the moment you start doing things to get approval and acceptance. When you try to tailor your choices to what the society expects of you, that’s when things start to go wrong. There are only 2 people you owe anything; the Creator who gave you life and YOU. Everybody will not approve of your choices or even your lifestyle, so why care? At the end, they are all just selfish people looking for what is in it for them, your life is yours for a reason.

2019 is for doing things that make you stand out,
It’s for embracing the fact that you are Abnormal (Above Normal),
2019 is for multiplying, being a source,
It’s the year to make life changing choices, the time to forget the meaning of the word regret,
Its 365 new opportunities, 12 new chapters and YOU are your own author.
Embrace who you are and enjoy the best out of life.

Lastly, what do you want to be remembered for in 2019?
The answer to that question lies in the decisions you make all year long.
I wish you all the best and I love you.

Cheers to 2019!!
Love, Rere.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thank you. Very inspiring.
    2018 was a lot for me also, I learnt a lot of life lessons that have made me a better person and brought me closer to myself 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rere! I'm visiting your blog for the first time and impressed would be an understatement; what I saw is beyond my expectation and usuals. The writ(s) is very relatable and helpful.
    Thanks, keep up the great work.
    Olusanya Oluwaseyi

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

@iamtherere

Subscribe