Smile

07:26


Many times, I want to just sit back and watch life pass by but then the consciousness of my surroundings engulf me. Truth be told being an adult is hard, much harder than I expected. Growing up is a scam yeah? Amidst the senselessness, I try to make sense everything that happens in my life. 

Deciding which principles will guide my decisions and then sticking by them is another thing I am trying to work on. Should I follow the crowd to try get-rich-quick-schemes or should I work hard and run my race. 

On this post, I want to reach out to the child in me and just express exactly how I feel. Sometimes everything is just confusing, the way people are, the way the world works. But then again who says you have to understand it all? Truly life is not a bed of roses but I don’t think it was supposed to be easy.

From now on always make sure you consciously make at least one person grateful for you. At least try to be the reason someone smiles. Many people are settling and carrying the world on their shoulders and they just need someone to make them smile and forget.
  
Every time I'm drowning, just at the moment when it feels like I'm sinking. I latch on to the silver stripe of hope and I make a list of all the things I am thankful for. All the amazing things God has done and is doing for me because:

It takes strength to be firm,
It takes courage to be gentle.
It takes strength to conquer,
It takes courage to surrender.
It takes strength to be certain,
It takes courage to have doubt.
It takes strength to fit in,
It takes courage to stand out.
It takes strength to feel a friend's pain,
It takes courage to feel your own pain.
It takes strength to endure abuse,
It takes courage to stop it.
It takes strength to stand alone,
It takes courage to lean on another.
It takes strength to love,
It takes courage to be loved.
It takes strength to survive,
It takes courage to live.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hmm!... wat an awesome write up. Sincere, open and straight from the heart. It might interest you to know most adults feel this way too. The craving or need to just reach out to the kid in us , put all the problems behind, take a deep breathe, release and just smile regardless. Thanks Rere for giving me the perfect day starter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. I'm glad you liked it. ❤️

      Delete

Instagram

@iamtherere

Subscribe