Welcome Back

04:09




I’m feeling all sorts of emotions as I sit on my bed typing this, it’s a chilly morning here and it just occurred to me that I’ve been away from blogging for what… 3years… I’m sorry to everyone that used to read my blog, I’m sorry for running away, in truth I was scared. Many of you might wonder, what is so scary about blogging and people reading… but there is plenty to be scared of. Naturally I am this jovial, playful, i-don’t-care-about-anybody kind of girl, yet when I write I manage to put my heart in words and express how I truly deeply feel about things and that scares me. It’s a scary feeling knowing that the world might judge or condemn you for sharing your deepest feelings about things.

In the past 3 years, I figured I’m not done learning about the ways of the world but I have seen some, enough to want to reach out, to want to help young people like me all over Nigeria and Africa at large. Many young people are going through so much, and sometimes we feel alone, like no one truly understands, but I want to create a connection, with this platform I want to bridge that gap between your dream and the reality of that dream.

This used to be Jasmine’s Blog (the name I dashed myself as my father refused to give me an English name) but now this is “The Rere Platform” (Rere is short for Rereloluwa meaning God is good, so let’s say this is The Good Platform).

I was never about gossip blogging, neither am I a makeup or fashion or travel or food blogger, I just simply want to do something that motivates and inspires young people to reach out to the genius in them. I want to create a space for young brilliant minds to grow and develop themselves. The idea is to encourage youths to do something for themselves, I have come to realize that the major root of most of our problems is joblessness and idleness. Everyone wants to be rich, but how?

Yes, the government is this and that, and it’s not that we don’t have the zest to work, it’s just that we are in a country where the government that is supposed to provide work for us is even looking for ways to extort us in our unemployment.

This right here is the platform to 'ginger' whatever brilliant idea you have, the place to motivate you to take that one tiny step, that step that will change everything. If they don’t provide jobs for us, oh well... then we provide jobs for them. 

Feel free to comment below and share your views and ideas with me, I would love to hear from you. In fact I'm looking forward to it. Thank you for reading!


Welcome to The Rere Platform!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Awesome! So glad you are back, be encouraged, a toast to a great future🍷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to be back too and excited! Lol, Thank you so much for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back Rere

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

@iamtherere

Subscribe